Digital v Craft
Golden Sq and Disqo are pleased to announce the call for entries to Square Art 2013. The theme for this year is 'Digital v Craft' and we're inviting anyone in the UK advertising industry to submit their work for an exhibition to be held on Thursday 11th July 2013.
This will be the 16th Square Art, and to celebrate the explosion of digital and craft art over that time, we're setting Square Artists the task of subverting expectations of 'handmade' and 'digital'. Interpretation of the brief is down to the individual artist, so submissions can either be 'digital' or 'craft' (including fashion, sculpture, ceramic, painting, woodwork etc.) pieces, or a fusion of the two.
The pieces will be shortlisted by our stellar jury and the winner awarded with the first ever Golden Square trophy plus dinner for two. Attendees of the exhibition will also be invited to judge the ‘People’s Choice Award’.
Deadline for entries is Friday 14th June 2013. There is no charge for submissions, which are open to anyone who works in the UK advertising industry.
For sales made on the night, we kindly ask that 10% commission is paid to charity. More information on our chosen charity to follow.
Thank you and good luck to all our artists!
- Neil Bennett - Editor, Digital Arts.
- Daniel Bergmann - MD, Stink.
- Danny Edwards - Editor, Shots.
- Karen Gaskill - Events Curator, Crafts Council.
- Emily Hare - Managing Editor, Contagious.
- Nils Leonard - CCO, Grey.
- Jamie Madge - Worldwide Editor, SourceEcreative.
- Steve Vranakis - ECD, Google Creative Lab London.